- BA/BS Degree in related field, MBA preferred
- At least 5 years of successful account management in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry with extensive experience in contracting and negotiation of agreements with the top three national wholesalers and PBMs as well as with specialty pharmacies and third-party logistics provider
- Comprehensive knowledge of U.S. pharmaceutical managed care, distribution, third party logistics, distribution regulations relating to controlled substances
- Proven track record of multiple products launches, NDC changes, pricing updates, and product recalls
- Broad Trade and Managed Care customer contacts including national and regional PBMs, compendia, wholesalers, specialty distributors, third party logistics, retail pharmacies, specialty pharmacies, reimbursement management organizations (HUB), and national associations
- Proven track record of success in going above and beyond established measurements of goals and objectives
- Strong knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements
- Experience in pain, inflammation, and oncology therapeutic areas a plus
- 5-10 years of pharmaceutical field management experience or equivalent
Skills and Abilities
- Successful ability to work in cross function teams (e.g. Managed Markets, Sales, Marketing, Legal, Finance, Manufacturing)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with strong analytical, strategic, and organizational abilities
- Ability to successfully hire, lead, and develop a motivated trade account management team
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other related programs
- Professional proactive demeanor
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Analyze and control expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Ability to travel via airplane
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet.
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position of up to 20 lbs. on occasion
- Ability to prepare and analyze data and figures
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and written instructions
- Ability to organize and prioritize own works schedule
- Ability to apply common sense in performing job
- Ability to understand and follow instructions
Accommodations for Applicants with Disabilities
Assertio is proud to create a culture of inclusion and diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities and to disabled veterans in accordance with the ADA. If you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process due to a medical condition or disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 224-441-6867 for assistance.
For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.